Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Golden What?

The Golden Rule...the golden what? Who even lives by that? What does it even mean to others? Does it even apply to today's society? Do we still teach it to our children? Who even remember what it says?

I remember as a child living with my Granny and Paw going to church I learned this rule and so much more that directed my way of living. Memorizing verses and chapters from the Bible help build my character, besides the example my Granny and Paw shared with me. Them are things I will carry in my mind and heart till the day
the good Lord decides it's time for me to come home. I even try to instill these same qualities in my children and grandchildren, someday my great-grandchildren.

There is a loss of family values in these pressing times of high technology and social media. Our families only communication is texting, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, not to mention many other social medias that have developed over the decades. It's sad when you are in the same house and you are texting each other instead of getting up and go find that person and tell or ask them whatever it is you needed to. It's even more sad when you are carrying on a conversation and the other is texting or on some social media and all you hear is a 'uh-huh'. Children don't really make friends in person no more, much less hang out with friends, they all are at home in their rooms socializing over the media. That's why it's so easy for children to do the things they do by bullying, sexting, sending photos, expressing themselves in ways that are not appropriate.

So where is this all going or how does it pertain to the Golden Rule...well simple...first let's see what it says...Matthew 7:12 In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets. That's about as plain as it gets...treat others AS YOU want to be treated. Let's live by this rule and watch a change come through in making this world a better place to live for our children, their children and their children's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment